mobile device management
Mobile Device Management is the control of mobile devices which are daily used devices. In these mobile devices, Phones, tablets, and laptops are included. As there are a lot of mobile devices and new technology features, everybody used mobile devices widely. Nowadays, management level from some organizations, they control the mobile devices of officers. The main reason is to control the organization’s sensitive data, to prevent the information leakage to outside, to manage the various applications and to build the best workplace.
While building mobile device management, there are a lot of policies defined. Mobile devices will be controlled based on these policies. I’ll tell about the policies and as first, I would like to explain the problems usually occurred in big organizations.
Staffs are used mobile devices such as laptops or tablet or smartphone).
- By using the device, the important information or data from an organization are sent other outside organizations by doing copy and paste. From this, data can leak to outside. For this reason, MDM solutions are used by defining the blocking of copy, paste function.
- Usually, most of the organizations are defined policies to protect the important facts and privacy conditions such as taking photos are not allowed at Datacenter. But some people can break these policies easily. But, by using MDM solution, the using of Camera can block automatically where the specific locations that pre-defined as DataCenter.
- Next one is that some people are playing games at the office within office hours. For this matter, we can block gaming software within the defined period. For example, within office hours from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- We can control the work application to define the password as a must. By using MDM solution, we can define minimum password length, password expired date, password complexity and so on.
- We can also block the screenshot by using MDM solution.
- If the device is lost and most of the important data for organization are included in this device, for this condition, we can delete these devices information from remote by using the MDM solution.
There are another a lot of examples and I presented some.
And then, I would like to explain about policies. The policies I’ll mention are basic policies for organization requirements.
- Require a password
- Prevent simple password
- Require an alphanumeric password
- Minimum password length
- Number of sign-in failures before the device is wiped
- Minutes of inactivity before the device is locked
- Password expiration (days)
- Remember password history and prevent reuse
- Require encrypted backup
- Block cloud backup
- Block document synchronization
- Block photo synchronization
- Block screen capture
- Block sending diagnostic data from the device
- Block video conferences on device
- Block access to the application store
- Require a password when accessing the application store
- Camera Enabled
- Region Ratings
- Movies Ratings
- TV-Shows Rating
- Apps Ratings
- Allow Voice Dialing
- Allow Voice Assistant
- Allow Assistant While Locked
- Allow Passbook While Locked
There are many vendors to provide MDM solution.NEX4 can provide the MDM solution to customers by using Microsoft Intune and VMware Airwatch.
Now, organizations are moved to use MDM solution and NEX4 is now. It ready provide valuable mobile device management solutions to Customers.
Don’t forget to share this post!